Grilled Salsa Drumstick Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken wings drumsticks
- 2 cups diced tomato (recipe below)
- 1/3 cup organic orange juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or agave nectar room temperature (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Tomato Salsa Recipe:
- 1 finely diced tomato
- 1 medium red onion peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 finely diced cucumber
- 4 leaves finely chopped basil
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves finely crushed
- Dash fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Dash cayenne pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- In medium bowl add all chopped ingredients. Mix well
- Add in basil, cilantro, lime or lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning to taste.
- Mix all ingredients well cover in air-tight container.
- In medium bowl mix chicken drumettes and salsa. Add in raw honey or agave nectar. Put marinated mixture in air-tight container and refrigerate 8-10 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Grill chicken wings turning frequently until wings golden brown (approximately 20-25 minutes)
- Remove and serve.
- Excess salsa has to be discarded. Raw honey and agave nectar not 100% Paleo.
Disclosure: Compensated Affiliate